By Kamilah Shepherd – Collegiate Staff
Being a college student on a budget and still keeping up with the latest fashion trends can be a challenge. Here are five of this year’s top fall trends and some great online sources.
- Thigh high boots. Not only do they keep your legs warm but they’re sexy, too! Try pairing these boots with patterned tights and skater skirts, leggings and sweater dresses, or even jeans. Because of their versatility, get the bang for your buck.
- Sweater dresses. One word: comfort. It’s like stylishly wearing pajamas during the day. Try pairing the sweater dress with basic leggings to get extra comfy or jeans for a day at the pumpkin patch.
- Vests. Yes, I know you thought you wouldn’t hear this anymore after your mom forced you in them as a child, but they’re back and better than ever. Pairing a bubble vest with long sleeved t-shirt and jeans couldn’t scream cute and casual any louder. Try pairing a neutral colored vest with a bright long sleeved tee and a bright colored vest with a neutral colored long sleeved tee.
- Plaid, plaid and more plaid. It’s in and everywhere you look. Plaid button ups go fabulously with vests. They also come in a vast variety of colors, shapes and lengths making them easily interchangeable among outfits.
- Floor-length cardigans. Less is not more in this case. The pattern and material vary so much that it makes these gems easy to pair with any outfit. Solid, striped, tribal, you name it.
Check out these websites for great deals and trends: