The ArtPrize Top 10 was announced at 1 p.m. yesterday in Rosa Park Circle.
The Top 10 are:
- “City Band” by Chris LaPorte at the Grand Rapids Art Museum
- “Elephants” by Adonna Khare at the Grand Rapids Art Museum
- “Lights in the Night” by Mike Carpenter and Dan Johnson at the B.O.B.
- “Life in Wood” by Dan Heffron at the B.O.B.
- “Origami” by Kumi Yamashita at the Grand Rapids Art Museum
- “Rebirth of Spring” by Frits Hoendervanger at the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel
- “Return to Eden” by Sandra Bryant at the Grand Rapids Public Museum
- “Song of Lift” by Martijn van Wagtendonk at the Urban Institute of Contemporary Arts (UICA)
- “Stick-to-it-ive-ness: Unwavering pertinacity; perseverance” by Richard Morse in the Grand River
- “The Chase” by Artistry of Wildlife at the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum
Round two voting started at 2 p.m. and will go through 11:59 p.m. on Thursday. The winners will be announced Friday at The Grand Rapids Press building located at 155 Michigan St. NW.
First place will receive $200,000. Second place will win $75,000, and third place will win $50,000. Fourth through tenth place will receive $5,000.