by Brittany Miller – Features Editor
How Do I get a RaiderCard?
I lost my card! What do I do?
If your card is lost or stolen, you will need to deactivate your card which can be done two ways:
- Access your RaiderCard Account which can found on your BlackBoard on the left hand side of you screen under ‘Quick Links’, where you will select ‘RaiderCard Deposit’. The link will take you to the RaiderCard page, and after you login you will select the ‘Deactivate Account’ Tab.
- Go to Student Life and deactivate the card in person.
Keep in mind that replacement cards cost $10 each.
How do I deposit money to my RaiderCard?
- Use your credit card online, by accessing your RaiderCard account through Blackboard.
- At any RaiderCard machine on campus, you can use cash or a credit card to make a deposit.
- Family and friends can add funds to your card by filling out the ‘Guest Deposit Form’ which can be found on the GRCC website.
- A one-time transfer can be made from financial aid to your RaiderCard starting Aug. 13 through Sept. 11.
Where are the machines located?
RaiderCard Machines can be found at the following locations:
- 1st floor Student Center
- 2nd floor of the Applied Technology Center (ATC)
- 1st floor Main Building
- 4th floor Main Building
- 1st floor Calkins
- 1st floor Gerald R. Ford Fieldhouse
- Tassel M-Tec (Located on Godfrey Avenue)
- Thompson M-Tec (located on 136th Avenue in Holland)
Can I get any discounts if I use my RaiderCard?
Yes, using your RaiderCard gives you a discount at various places of business, such as movie theaters, restaurants, sports events and more.
Keep in mind that:
- Promotions may not be combined with other offers or specials.
- Promotions listed are updated regularly for validity; all promotions are at the discretion of the business and are subject to change without notice.
Places that offer student discounts:
- Celebration Cinema: $8.50 general admission, additional $3 for 3D presentations, additional $8 for D-Box presentations.
- Grand Rapids Public Museum: Free admission for current students.
- Grand Rapids Griffins: Every Friday, students can use their ID to purchase upper bowl tickets for $14, and stop by the McFadden’s concourse table to receive a free pass to the post-game party which is held at McFadden’s.
- Kentwood Fun Spot: free skate rental with $6 admission from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. on Thursday nights.
- Frederik Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park: Reduced admission of $9.
- Dermagrafix Tattoos and Piercings: 20 percent off with a valid student ID.
You can view the full list of places that offer RaiderCard discounts on the GRCC website, but if you’re unsure if a business offers student discounts, just ask.
Having problems with your RaiderCard?
Any issues with your RaiderCard should be brought to Student Life, which will be located in the Student Center starting in August. If you are experiencing issues with parking, printing or vending, you can fill out the Issue Form which is found on the GRCC website.