The last week of the semester is looming, students’ schedules are packed with last-minute assignments and final exam study guides. Trying to stay ahead of everything that is due within the next few weeks is almost impossible, meaning you may have forgotten to apply to walk at graduation, even after all of the hard work!
Here’s how to slide in last-minute to commencement. First make sure you are qualified to graduate by meeting the following criteria:
- My Degree Path has been reviewed for program completion;
- A minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA;
- Enough credits completed to reach the minimum total required of your academic program (major), MACRAO credential, and/or MTA credential;
- All academic program (major), MACRAO credential, and/or MTA credential requirements have been satisfied;
- If applying for an associate’s degree, earned a minimum of 15 credits at GRCC;
- If applying for a certificate, earned a minimum of 8 credits at GRCC;
- All transfer credit needed for evaluation is posted on your transcript (if applicable);
- All substitutions/waivers must be sent by the appropriate department head/program director by the deadline for a student’s graduation semester;
- Incomplete grades have been resolved.
If you are clear on all of the requirements, continue to apply online to graduate using the Graduation Application Form found on Grand Rapids Community College’s website.
Once you have submitted the form, you will want to confirm that your information is updated as soon as possible. To do this, go to the Student Records/ Registrar’s Office and confirm that you have applied to walk.
After talking to the Student Records/ Registrar’s Office you will be able to go to the GRCC Bookstore to buy your cap and gown and Student Life to pick up your tickets!