By Kevin Lopez
It’s that time again GRCC, the sun is shining, the weather is nice, and we have fun festivals for all to attend.
Here are some festivals that will be happening this month.
- Festival of the Arts: The annual 3-day festival taking place at Calder Plaza between June 2 – 4 showcases art, music performances, and food from all over the world, while a GRCC alum will take the helm of the festival.
- Grand Rapids Chorus Sweet Adelines at GR Festival: A festival of music appreciation taking place at Calder Plaza on June 4 at 1 p.m, where they will be performing fan favorite songs from the past.
- Grand Rapids Asian-Pacific Festival: A celebration of Asian-Pacific culture taking place at Calder Plaza between June 9 – 11 which will showcase a world of flavor, music, and fun.
- West Michigan Chalk Art Festival: The chalk festival features an explosion of creativity, color, and bringing the community together taking place at Tanger Outlets between June 16 -18.
- Grand Rapids Pride Festival: An event that brings together the LGBTQ+ community, businesses, and allies to celebrate inclusion. It is set to be on June 17 noon – 10 p.m.
- Grand Rapids Food Festival: Taking place between June 30 – July 2 at Calder Plaza, a food festival that will showcase food from local businesses and also include live entertainment.
For a list of more summer festivals, click here.