By Hayley Babbitt
Save the annual trip to the pumpkin patch, haunted corn maze, and orchard for the weekend – Grand Rapids Community College is hosting several events during the week on campus in spirit of Homecoming Week. Activities and events will take place throughout the week until Thursday, Oct. 24.
Tuesday, Oct. 22
- There will be a “Do it For the Gram!” photo booth and scavenger hunt on the first floor of the student center, which will also have several treats to go with these activities. Food that will be served include “pretzels, pizza, dips, fruit, muffins and hot cider”.
- Tuesday will also be the day to discover the winner of the Department Decorating Contest.
Wednesday, Oct. 23
- You will be able to “give what you can” and “take what you need” at the Applied Technology Center’s ground floor throughout the Winter Clothing Drive event. The drop-off times for clothing will take place from 6 a.m.-12 p.m., and the pick-up times will run from 12 p.m.-2 p.m.
- For suggestions on what to donate, it is encouraged to contact Phoenix Noelle by email at email@example.com .
- The Women’s and Men’s Alumni Basketball Games will also take place on this day, with the women’s game kickstarting at 5:30 p.m. and the men’s beginning at 7:30 p.m. Both of these games will be held at the Gerald R. Ford Field House.
- The last event to attend on Wednesday is a showing of the movie “Shark Tale”, which will be held inside of the Ford Fieldhouse pool from 7-10 p.m.
Thursday, Oct. 24
- The “Calling All Raiders” pep rally will be held from 4-6 p.m. at the Commons, which will host several food trucks. Mini games such as relay races and a hula hoop pass will also take place at the pep rally.
- A Golden Raiders Retirees Reception, an RSVP only event, is being held from 4-6 p.m. at the Heritage restaurant, which is located on the first floor of ATC.
- To RSVP for the Retirees Reception, please contact Angela Salinas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There will be two volleyball games along with a tailgate at the Ford Fieldhouse. 5 p.m. is the start time of the Alumni Volleyball Game, with the tailgate following at 6 p.m. The GRCC Raiders volleyball team will be playing the Jackson Jets at 6:30 p.m.
For more questions concerning the Homecoming schedule, please contact Lina Blair (email@example.com) or Erin Van Egmond (firstname.lastname@example.org).
“Homecoming is planned and sponsored by Campus Activities Board, Alumni Relations, Student Life and Conduct, Athletics, and Human Resources” (Student Life Homecoming page).