Home Featured News Police Reports from March 22 through March 25

Police Reports from March 22 through March 25

The downtown campus. (Breegan Petruska/The Collegiate)

By Sherry Sokolowski

Small Graffiti found in Bostwick Street Parking Ramp

At 12:30 p.m. on March 22, Officer Kaye Newberry was dispatched to the Bostwick Street parking ramp, elevator 1, to check out a  graffiti complaint on the elevator wall. There were two lines on the wall in black Sharpie marker, each around three inches long. There weren’t any suspects or witnesses, and the maintenance crew cleaned up the marks. 

Bostwick Parking Ramp Gate Arm Broken

At 9:30 a.m. on March 23, Officer Martin Ruiz was dispatched to the faculty entrance of the Bostwick Street parking ramp in reference to a broken gate arm. The Ellis parking manager was waiting at the gate for Ruiz to arrive. An unknown subject had called around 8:50 a.m. and said that the gate arm was not properly working. She stated the subject was unable to get in and then drove to a different lot to park. Once he arrived, Ruiz noticed the gate arm had been broken right at the hinge and connected with Ellis parking supervisor, Sue Ross. Ross had not identified anyone who had broken the arm. Ruiz checked the RaiderCard machine and found three people who had entered the parking lot right after 8:50 a.m.

At 11:20 a.m, Ruiz went to the Music Building and connected with GRCC instructor Timothy Heldt, who was the first person that had entered the lot. He mentioned that when he entered the faculty entrance at 8:54 a.m., the gate was already broken. He had no idea who had broken the arm. The estimated cost of the gate is $309.58. 

Man Trespassing in Bostwick Street Parking Ramp

At 12:36 p.m. on March 25, Officer Paul Coulson was dispatched to a possible violation of the controlled substance act from a homeless individual smoking and playing music in level six of the Bostwick Street parking ramp. Coulson made contact with the suspect inside of the stairwell near the elevator. He was charging his phone, playing music, and he had cigars in a package. The suspect admitted that he had been smoking in the stairwell and apologized. Officer Peters was dispatched as a backup. After identifying the suspect, Coulson found that the man had a clear record but did have an Officer Safety Caution. The suspect was told he could not come on campus unless he was a registered student. He was released with a verbal warning and escorted off campus.