Home Featured News Culinary Student Burns Herself With A Blowtorch

Culinary Student Burns Herself With A Blowtorch

215
0
Grand Rapids Community College Spectrum Theater located on Fountain St.

By Lucas Southwell

On Oct. 24, a Grand Rapids Community College Culinary Student burned her hand in class while using a blowtorch to crystalize egg whites.

According to the police report the woman was holding the blow touch underneath her arm after having just used it and when she instinctively reached back to grab it she accidentally touched the hot metal tip. 

Her fingers were burned and blistering. The responding officer treated the burns with cold water and taped her fingers gently with gauze, and instructed the woman  to notify the department if she sought further treatment. According to the report she was pregnant at the time and didn’t want to take anything for the pain before consulting her physician. 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here